Hosted Exchange 2019 migration planned for autumn
Wednesday, 20. May 2020
Migration to Exchange 2019 is planned for all Hosted Exchange customers for mid-October to the end of November 2020. The new version brings some changes.
New features with Exchange 2019
- The mailbox sizes are now unlimited. There are no more mailbox size limits with Hosted Exchange.
- The maximum size for sending and receiving e-mails is increased to 200 MB.
- There is an updated version of Outlook Web App (webmail).
- Security: TLS 1.2 will be forced on the new infrastructure and TLS 1.0/1.1 are no longer supported. Older clients (Windows 7 and older) will require an adjustment.
- Additional features like DKIM will be implemented after the migration to Exchange 2019.
Further information can be found in our knowledgebase (German only).
Impact on client versions
With Exchange 2019 the following client versions are no longer supported and no longer receive support from Microsoft and ServerBase:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Outlook for Mac 2011
If you should use one of the above mentioned Outlook versions, please contact our support in advance to find a solution.
« Back to the Blog